Sunday, August 7, 2011

FAMILY TIME!!!!

My sister and her husband came over from GA yesterday.  My kids were in heaven.  J dropped A off around 11 and then he headed to his card tournament thingy. He is a geek, I love that about him and so does my sister, so when the option to come to Jacksonville and play instead of just 30 minutes from their house came up, she took advantage to come see us while he played.
We had lunch; the kids played around with her, Kaitlyn did her hair...LOL!  Don’t let my daughter loose with her entire box of pretty stuff.  We also walked over to the local publix to get a few things for dinner.  Of course A had to spoil the kids and got them each a petit four, even though we have dessert at home and they eat too much junk food anyways.  I let her, that’s what she is here for right?  My kids don’t get that kind of interaction too often because of all the moving that we have done and family not being near. 
We also went to the books a million and she bought them each a book, and a third one for free.  THAT was the best part, an aunt who knows how important AND FUN reading is.  My children are blessed.  I am blessed to have such an awesome little sister.
Her husband gets back, eats his lunch and then we head to the BEACH!  Fantastic time, I actually went out farther than I normally do, because she wanted to go.  It was fine, I was safe, I didn’t drown, obviously.  NO shark bites or attacks, no jelly fish stings, no crabs clawing my feet and only stepped on one sea shell when jumping the waves.   Almost got hit by a surfer or two but hey, they were cute enough, who cares.   Really, they were good and just kinda surfed right on by.  Got surprised by a few waves while talking away or turned our backs to them. I don’t recommend that, salt water burns the eyes. 
My love, saw a WHALE!!! When we were getting ready to leave it tried to point it out, but it never popped back up.  Every time we have been to the beach here we have seen something just awesome.  I wonder if the people who have lived here their whole lives realize how absolutely fantastic it is!  It’s just so amazing and relaxing!
Left the beach when my cheeks started to get warm, don’t’ need a sunburn that’s for sure.  Came back to our complex and jumped in the pool for a while, mostly to cheat and rinse off the sand.  I think A fell in love with our complex, mostly cause the pool is warm.  Something I actually don’t care for, I like it to be just a little bit cooler than it is, to help cool you off, but whatever works for getting them to move here.
Came back home and I made them chicken parmesan, spaghetti, and artichoke spinach dip.  I ate too much.  WAY too much.  Then the Oreo dessert,  layer of Oreo pudding with Oreo whip cream on top. YUMMMMMY!  Told ya, too much food.
A and J read the kids each a book after dinner to get them ready for bed.  It was really nice and the kids enjoyed it a lot, especially J’s character voices, the man has a million of them.
I honestly can’t wait for them to come down again, nothing like family time.  Especially when you can see your children laughing the whole day and having a great time.  Come on September!

No comments:

Post a Comment